Thursday, November 14, 2019

Some of the Creepiest Phone Calls People have ever Received

When it comes to phone calls, you’re probably used to the typical wrong number or telemarketing scam (if you’re reading this “factory warranty” guy, stop calling), but that’s probably the limit of your phone call experiences. Maybe a friend tried to prank you once, but you quickly figured out it was just a joke. Basically what we’re getting at is that the average person hasn’t received a creepy, nightmare fueled phone call that left them on edge for years.

Unfortunately for the people on our list, they’ve experienced some really freaky phone calls; particularly ones that simply can’t be explained. These phone calls will likely stick with those that experienced them for the rest of their lives and as far as we’re concerned, we’ll be turning our cell phones completely off at night in hopes of avoiding any of these same calls.

In order to find some “phone call creepypastas”, we went to Reddit and a few other blogs in hopes of finding some stories that would keep us up at night. Like usual, the Internet did not disappoint and some of these were truly creepy! So if you’re ready for a good scare, read on dear reader!

1.  Not your average static call

static call

“This was a few years ago and even though it hasn’t happened since, it still creeps me the hell out. Every night somewhere between 2 and 3 am, my brother would get a call on his cellphone. And yeah, I mean it when I say EVERY NIGHT. When he would answer, it would be this awful noise that he described as a mixture between static and hellish screams.

So he did what any other person in his shoes would do and changed his cell phone number. The entity can’t call and harass you if it doesn’t know your number, right? Wrong. He stopped receiving the calls for about a week then it started up again. It was the same noise at the same time. At his wits end, my brother decided to back dial the call in hopes of figuring out who or what it was that was harassing him. At the other end of the line was an old man who insisted he had no idea as to what we were talking about.

Fed up with the whole experience, my brother switched phone companies and got another new number. None of this stopped the calls though; they just continued about a week later after the switch. At this point, my brother was absolutely terrified. He was having problems sleeping, and was scared to answer his phone even for numbers he knew. He back dialed the number again, but got a different person.

Fast-forward a little bit. My brother loses his job as well as his phone. Obviously, the calls stopped. Can’t call a phone that isn’t working after all. Then one day, our mom asks us to listen to this weird message she got on the home line. It was the exact same static screaming as before. My brother back dialed the number again, but this time we got a disconnection notice. After that, the calls completely stopped.”

2. Calls for a woman lead to her death

Calls for a woman

“A few weeks after I was born my father’s best friend Jim passed away. They had been really close and my dad was devastated. One of the last things Jim had wanted to do was to hold baby me before he died. Luckily, he got his wish but shortly after he passed. It makes really happy though that we were able to fulfill his dying wish.

So, 7 years later I’m now a 7-year-old kid full of life with a 5-year-old brother and baby sister. We do all the things normal kids do like play and sometimes fight; what I’m getting at is my life was completely normal and nothing out of the ordinary. Well, one day the phone rings. Since my mom and dad were in the laundry room, us kids decided to ignore it. After all, we were still too young to answer the phone and got in trouble if we did. Plus, we didn’t have caller ID at the time so you never knew who was on the other line.

Stupidly, my brother decided to answer the phone. My dad busts my brother on the phone and demands to know whom my brother is talking to and asks for the phone. My brother ignores him and just keeps listening. Now, my dad is pissed but before he can ask again, my brother hangs up and says, ‘Jim says hi, and he misses SkywingNova’ before going back to playing.

The look on my dad’s face is easily what I remember best about this moment.”

3. Wrong number

Wrong number

“When I was little, we got calls for a woman called Tanya pretty often. It didn’t seem like a big deal at the time especially since she had the same last name as my family. However, it is a common last name around this area.

Eventually we left my hometown and moved all the way across the country. At this point, phone books were being phased out as the method for finding people’s phone numbers and the amount of people asking for Tanya slowed down and eventually stopped.

Four years later, we’d all but forgotten about Tanya and the flood of phone calls we’d get asking for him. However, this was when she came back into our lives.

When I was driving home from work, I was met with a really bad car wreck near the turn that led to my house. Two cars had hit, and one had somehow wrapped itself around the pole that had the directions and house numbers on it. One of which was also my house number.

Some days later, the police called to ask if there was a Tanya at our house. Her car had been the one wrapped around the pole but she was nowhere to be found. The police couldn’t find her body and she’d seemingly vanished without a trace.

Never head anything else about her after that.”

4. Late night caller

Late night caller

“My sister had always been extremely spoiled by our parents. So it came as no surprise that even though she was young, she was given her own personal phone (which was just a landline) so that she could feel special. The line was pre-paid though which meant that no one could call in or out if she ran out of money. Think of it as a prepaid mobile phone like Boost or Cricket. (I’m dating myself here, I know).

Anyways, at 3 am every night her phone would ring. She told us that there was a man on the other end of the line. He scared her and she would come flying into my room. It eventually got to the point where I told her to disconnect the phone before bed. I was tired of getting woken up by her. Her solution however was to just get rid of the phone altogether. That honestly worked for me because I was tired of being wrestled out of sleep by my terrified sister.

Just a few years ago, my sister and I were talking about those calls. I don’t remember how they got brought up exactly, but she made a startling confession to me. She told me that even after she had disconnected the phone, it would continue to ring. That was the reason why she didn’t want the phone anymore. When I asked her what the person on the other end would say, she told me that couldn’t remember at all. She has no recollection of what was said or maybe she’s just blocked it from her memories.”

5. A mysterious call stops a break-in

mysterious call

“This didn’t happen to me, but it happened to my father and the story has stuck with me for years so I figured I would share it with Reddit. Here goes:

My family and I were planning on moving states but we were having a house built. Periodically, my father would visit the location to check on the status of our home. He would stay in a crappy Motel 6 in town for a few days while he monitored the progress. He always got the same room: the last one at the end of the hallway on the top floor.

Nothing ever really happened outside of an occasional argument dad said until one night when he was woken up by the hotel’s phone. It was late, middle of the night late, but he answered it nonetheless. On the other end of the line was the hotel office. ‘We’re really sorry to bother you, but we’ve gotten a couple of reports that a few of the rooms have been broken into and items have been stolen. We’re just making sure that you’re safe and that your doors are locked.’ My dad muttered something along the lines of ‘I’m fine,’ and hung up.

However, he couldn’t shake this nagging feeling so he decided to double-check the door lock. Just as he sat up, he noticed the door to his room was open. Cautiously my dad checked his room but found that nothing was missing and there was no one there. He then decided to shut the door and look outside. When he did, he saw his shaving kit on the windowsill. He quickly snatched it and locked the door.

Once my dad has finally calmed down, he phones the front desk to thank them for the call. He tells them that he’d also like to report the fact that his room was broken into while he was sleeping but that everything is in place and he’s fine. The front desk replies with, ‘we never called your room and there aren’t any reports of break-ins.”

6. Hello from the other side

Hello

“20 years ago, my grandmother passed away due to brain cancer. Two weeks after he death, I was over at my parents’ house when my mom got a call. It was a completely blank caller ID. There was no number attached to it and it didn’t even say unknown number; it was just completely blank.

My mom reluctantly accepted the call. She was very quiet before hanging up and going straight to her room without a word. We tried for a while to figure out who she had been on the phone with but she wouldn’t tell us. She refused to talk about it for a long time.

Eventually, she told us that on the other end of the line was her mother; the same woman who had passed away due to brain cancer. Her mom told her that she was trapped and was begging her to come get her. ‘They won’t let me leave,’ she kept saying over and over again before the phone disconnected. She also confessed that the same call happened two more times that year but then stopped.

She now refuses to talk about it.”

7. You’re being watched

being watched

“Okay, so I still have nightmares about this one so I though it would be the perfect story to share. Here goes.

When I was 16, I worked at an ice cream shop. Because the place didn’t get a lot of business, especially at night, I was left to close up the shop by myself. I should also mention that it was March in Canada so there was snow all over the ground. (This is important.)

Anyways, I got a phone call. On the other end of the line, a man’s voice said creepily, ‘I can see you.’ I looked all around me in a panic. The shop had large glass windows on all sides but I couldn’t see anyone outside in the dark. It was too late at night and since it was cold outside, the windows were a little foggy from the heat inside the store. The man on the other end of the line began to go into excruciating detail about how he was going to rape me and what he was going to do. Needless to say, I was completely terrified. Eventually, I made myself hang up the phone and rushed around locking all the doors before hiding behind the counter with the phone in my hand. I was crying hysterically.

Once I collected my thoughts, I phoned my boss and told him about the call. I asked if I should call the police (looking back now I don’t know why I didn’t call them first.) However, I’ll never forget what my boss said to me. He told me, ‘it’s a prank; the man’s just being a jerk and joking around. Open up the shop and get back to work.’ What an asshole! I don’t even know why I was there in the first place; it was -15 outside and nobody was coming in with that kind of weather for ice cream. I couldn’t believe that he wanted me to open the shop back up and put myself in danger.

I called my dad and told him what he happened. He was pissed to say the least and got there in less than 5 minutes. We closed the store together and when we walked outside, there were boot prints in the snow near the windows. Someone had clearly been there! It completely unsettled me and my dad drove me home. Needless to say, that was the last time I worked for that shop much less spoke to my old boss.”

For whom the phone rings

Now that you’re thoroughly creeped out, we’d like to know what your thoughts are on the list. Which ones scared you the most? We’d also like to ask what you think about the calls; do you believe there’s a logical explanation or that something supernatural is going on? We also want to know if you have your own creepypasta phone call stories to contribute. We’d love to hear all about them so feel free to drop us a line!

The post Some of the Creepiest Phone Calls People have ever Received appeared first on Ishli.com.



source https://ishli.com/some-of-the-creepiest-phone-calls-people-have-ever-received/

No comments:

Post a Comment